Get in touch


International House

61 Mosley Street


M2 3HZ

Contact Us

Phone : 0161 509 2138

Our Hours

MON-FRI 09:00 – 19:00

SAT-SUN 10:00 – 14:00

Ask away....


Most frequent questions and answers

Absolutely. We understand that each industry comes with its own quirks, foibles and specific obligations. The initial consultation is there to make sure we can deliver the service you need in the appropriate timescales. It also gives you chance to ask any questions you may have and get a feel for our services. 

Certainly! We are here to offer the service you need, if you’ve only got a quick question that’s fine. If there’s something you’re not sure on we would always advise asking, making mistakes can be costly, don’t struggle on your own. 

This depends the nature of your business, your turnover and your current record-keeping processes. As of 1 April 2019 all VAT registered business with turnover above £85,000 need to submit their VAT returns on MTD compatible software and therefore will need to find a package to suit. Whether you are a sole trader or operating a limited company, record-keeping is a fundamental requirement. Bookkeeping packages such as Xero and Quickbooks can not only assist with meeting these obligations but help you stay on top of your expenses. If this is an area you struggle to find time we would highly recommend it, enquire today about the best option for you. 

A UK ‘tax year’ runs from 6 April to 5 April. The tax return for these period is due for electronic submission and payment by 31 January following the end of the tax year. In our experience it is all too common for tax returns to get left till last minute which can add unnecessary pressure to clients in January and can make finding the money to pay the tax at short notice quite troubling. Paper tax returns must be submitted by 31 October, although very few returns are submitted this way now, we suggest making this your deadline and save yourself from the January panic. 

For an answer that is specific to you, please get in touch. Generally speaking people often rush to incorporate to achieve the ‘Limited Company’ status. There are several tax advantages which arise from incorporating, if you are currently a sole trader with excessive profits it’s likely a Ltd Company is the best route but you will need to file accounts annually, complete an annual confirmation statement and file a corporation tax return as well as a self-assessment tax return in most cases. If this is not an area you have much experience in it is advisable to seek the assistance of an accountant. 

If you are employing yourself as a director, or at the point in which you wish to employ a member of staff you must register for PAYE. You must be registered before the first payday which will involve attaining an PAYE reference from HMRC which can take up to 5 business days. 

It’s very easy to switch accountants, with your consent we will contact your previous accountant to let them know you’ve made the move and arrange the transfer of your accounting records accordingly. We will also inform HMRC you have instructed us to act for you and organise the transition so that we can deal with HMRC on your behalf. 

Robertshaws Accounting Ltd is registered in England & Wales – Reg. No: 11813296 – International House, 61 Mosley Street, Manchester, United Kingdom, M2 3HZ